Sunday, July 17, 2011

Big Thousands of Golden Flowers

The finish line is in sight. In less than two weeks my exhibition 'Big Thousands of Golden Flowers', a serie of brand new works, will open at the Merry Karnowsky gallery in Los Angeles.

The 'Big Thousands...' title is the name of an old Chinese fire work wrapper. 'Big thousands' has a powerful, almost military tone and 'Golden Flowers' a more mythical touch. Awkwardly spelled and somewhat of a contradiction I thought it would fit my work well.
The name is not a theme. These works are individual painted stories and have different angles and concepts. I tell about the remarkable battle between cats and birds and about nocturnal characters with questionable intentions and other creatures of mythical proportions.

A preview of all the works and those of my fellow exhibitors Audrey Kawasaki and Deedee Cheriel will be online soon. I will be checking in after the exhibition with a little opening reception photo journal. So it's the mazzel and so long for now, and I hope to see you soon. Perhaps at the opening night Saturday July 30th in Los Angeles (8-11 pm)? You are most welcome!

Photo above; 'Cat rule #4; sit in an open box or bag if one is placed in your room'. Here's Noodles helping me pack the shipment to LA, earlier this month.

2 comments: