Friday, March 9, 2012

First & Last


Lately I get many questions about where to buy a copy of my book Rock Candy. The answer is 'Nowhere', since the first edition has been sold out for a while. And unfortunately there won't be a new edition, as I recently found out. The publisher thinks the book will not be profitable enough to reprint -it has to do with the costs of printing and the presumed time to sell an edition. Understandable (and not a very remarkable in this economy). I'd rather saw it differently but it is what it is. I hope to be able to put out a new book in the near future.

9 comments:

  1. I was lucky to find a copy at the American Bookstore in Amsterdam, it is possible to order from there if you live in another country.
    Oh yes, a new book!! Looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're lucky (and you were) you might find a copy here or there. Thanks, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oe, ben ik even blij dat ik je boek heb, maar een nieuw!! Dat zou fijn zijn! Dan ga ik er weer voor in de rij staan! Groetjes peet:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Peet, mocht het zo ver komen lees je het hier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Femke, ik heb recent jouw boek gekregen via Borinka en Jeroen, hartelijk dank voor het 'krabbeltje') ben er reuzeblij mee, groet uit Suriname!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really really really want your book...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Emmy; check Ebay! Every now and then I see one there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely book! Very,very happy to have a copy- good to be sold out- makes it more valuable and exclusive. Looking forward to the next one- enjoy your work immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Femke,

    I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of your book at an independent bookstore here in the states. I recommend anyone who has this type of retailer nearby to give them a look. I look forward to your next show at Roq la Rue... would you sign my copy for me?
    thank you for the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete